Considering a WACRH Pharmacy Student Placement?
Watch the short video below to see how past Pharmacy students have found their placements with WACRH.
Pharmacy Student Placement Program Overview
This program provides students with a varied and unique WA-based placement experience.
A typical six week WACRH pharmacy student placement includes:
- 3 weeks – hospital pharmacy placement at Geraldton Hospital
- 3 weeks – multidisciplinary and inter-professional placements (one – two days duration each); Drug Use Evaluation exposure at a local residential aged care facility; opportunities to work inter-professionally with other health discipline students and Mt Magnet trip.
WACRH Pharmacy Student Placements can be flexibly tailored to suit individual student and University requirements.
Pharmacy Placement Sites
Examples of multidisciplinary and inter-professional pharmacy placement sites:
- Goldfields Midwest Medicare Local Aboriginal Care Coordinator Supplementary Services
- Older Persons Initiative (OPI), Aged and Community Care Services (ACCS)
- Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT)
- Day Therapy Unit (DTU)
- Palliative Care
- WANADA (West Australian Network of Alcohol & other Drug Agencies)
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Respiratory Nurse Educator
Examples of inter-professional workshops pharmacy students have participated in:
- After school sport and art activity in Mt Magnet
- Men's Workshop planning
- Interprofessional paediatrics clinic
If you would like to find out more about the WACRH Pharmacy Student Placement Program: